Colleges Hope to Help Undecided Students

+Students+attending+University+of+Alabama+visit.+Photo+by+Debby+Ryan.%0A

Students attending University of Alabama visit. Photo by Debby Ryan.

Colin Emery, Staff Writer

Representatives from The Ohio State University, University of CIncinnati, Wright State, Northern Kentucky University, and Xavier University visited this fall to help undecided students pick their college.

Debby Henderson, Counseling Coordinator, arranges the college visits, and she says that they are helpful for Juniors who are beginning their college journey.

“It has a personal aspect that allows you to get your questions answered,” says Henderson

According to Henderson, many students aren’t willing to attend these sessions because they can get most of the resources online, but an interesting aspect to the personal visits are that students can actually meet the person reviewing their application.

“A lot of students don’t have the opportunity to get away and go see these colleges so if we can bring the colleges to them, it gives them the opportunity to maybe look at a small, medium, or big school without even leaving the building,” says Henderson.

These visits help students who are unsure about where they are headed.  Juniors haven’t made final decisions about where they will attend, so these visits might either let them know where they want to go to school, or where they might want to visit.

“It gives you an opportunity to ask questions about campus life and helps to make the decision about whether or not you might want to live there,” says King’s Junior Jersey Buck.