The Student News Site of Kings High School

The Knight Times

The Knight Times

The Knight Times

Polls

Which do you prefer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Kings Lacrosse caps off Dominant ECC Spring as Champions

Kings Lacrosse has won the ECC title for the first time since 2019. A team led by 16 seniors who waited for their opportunity to take the spotlight and they finally captured a very competitive conference title. This title has taken years to reach, as most of the 16 seniors in the class saw significant varsity time as freshmen, they got to learn the ropes of what it takes to play varsity lacrosse at an elite level earlier than most people do. The Knights finished with an 8-0 conference record, and have leaders in 3/6 major statistical categories. A.J. Johnson leads the ECC with 66 goals on the year, and Riley Platter has edged A.J. for the assists crown with 40 assists and 38 assists respectively. Another stats leader, Jack Bender, has the lead in face off draw controls with 205 total controls for the season. Along with leading the conference in stats, these seniors have broken records as well. Against Turpin, Riley Platter broke the career points record, which combines goals and assists. He now has 317 career points as he passed Jake Stylski’s record of 316. Other Milestones reached this season, such as the 100 goal mark, were reached by Elijah Cabrera and A.J. Johnson. Jack Bender reached the 250 career draw controls mark and Ben Ewing has achieved 500 career saves in the cage for the Knights. Overall, the class of 2024 has left their mark on the program and will bring a legacy of success to the Lacrosse team for seasons to come.

Beating Anderson, Turpin, Winton Woods, Little Miami, Walnut Hills, Loveland, Lebanon and Especially Milford is no easy task and the Knights have established themselves as a top 5 team in the city. Along with conference dominance and a title, the Knights have had almost equivalent dominance on the non-conference side of play. They have an overall record of 9-1 and only have a slim loss to the #2 seed Springboro who they led by 2 at the half. The Knights earned the 5 seed in the OHSAA Region 4 Tournament and will host 13 seed Oak Hills on 5/21.