The Student News Site of Kings High School

The Knight Times

The Knight Times

The Knight Times

Polls

Which do you prefer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Between Seasons: Jacob’s Unseen Commitment

Jacob Harris practicing his field goals on home turf. Photo Credit- TJ Hoolehan

Offseason. It’s the most crucial part of an athlete’s journey, where the mistakes from the previous season fixed, and the underdogs become stars. It’s a phase of relentless effort, where athletes strive to become stronger, faster, and smarter. Yet, it’s often brushed aside, overlooked, forgotten. But let’s dive into the story of one athlete who’s taking this offseason seriously.

Meet Jacob Harris, a football player for Kings High School, determined to secure a starting position in the team for his senior year. Last season, Jacob was a Junior, playing on the JV team as a wide receiver and punter. This offseason, he’s hitting the turf multiple times a week, working on his skills as a kicker, to clinch that starting spot. Sometimes, he’s out there kicking on different  ECC fields, getting used to them for the away games.

Jacob said, “I’m looking forward to another hard-fought season and hoping to make it back to the state semifinals.”

He’s focusing on his kicking and defensive drills during this offseason grind. Jacob’s setting his sights on playing on the defensive line in addition to being the kicker. Every Friday and Saturday, you’ll find him on the field, fine-tuning his technique, while also joining the team for agility and strength sessions. Jacob Harris is an athlete to look for this offseason, showing true dedication and determination to shine in the upcoming season.

Jacob stretches before working on his kicks. Photo Credit- TJ Hoolehan