The Student News Site of Kings High School

The Knight Times

The Knight Times

The Knight Times

Polls

Which do you prefer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Nick Saban: College Football’s Greatest Coach Leaves Lasting Legacy with Seven National Championships

Nick Saban winning 6 of his 7 national championships. Photo Credit: Mallory Green

Nick Saban is widely considered the greatest college football coach ever, thanks to his unmatched success on the field. With several national championships and many years of winning teams Nick Saban’s legacy will go down in the history of college football.

Nick Saban is one of the best coaches in the world, most known for his leadership and heart for the game of football. has won 7 national championships, including 6 with Alabama (2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, and 2020) and 1 with LSU in (2003).

Why do you think Nick Saban is one of the greatest coaches of all time? ‘’Nick Saban is one of the best because of the knowledge he has gotten from coaching for 28 years.’’ Said Connor Bidwell. Why do you think Nick Saban won so much at Alabama? ‘’He has had so many winning seasons at Alabama because of his leadership on and off the field.’’ Says big college football fan Connor Bidwell. 

Nick Saban’s success is not limited to one school. He has won championships at LSU and Alabama. Nick Saban, is known for his intense focus, strategic mindset, and strong work ethic which helped him win with any team. Saban’s impact will last much longer on his players after graduation, showing his love for them on and off the field. 

Nick Saban is one of the best coaches to produce NFL players. He has produced 123 NFL draft picks, Including pro bowlers Derrick Henry and Julio Jones and up-and-coming superstars like Bryce Young and WIll Anderson JR. Saban’s ability to develop college players to top-tier NFL is truly impressive.

On the field, Nick is a great leader and a great person, but he is even a better person off the field. Nick Saban and his wife have a non-profit kids’ foundation called Nick’s Kids Foundation. His foundation has distributed over $11 million to deserving organizations and causes. Nick’s kids’ foundation is also a major donor of the Tuscaloosa all-inclusive playground.

Nick Saban’s remarkable achievements ensure his place among the greatest coaches of all time. Nick Saban has left an incredible mark on this sport with his seven championships.